Wednesday 1 December 2010

Welcome and Don't Forget Me



I've been writing teen novels for the last few years and decided it was about time I set up a blog and got talking to the world outside of the one I've created so here goes.......




It's been a rollercoaster of a year. Anyone who says that being a writer is easy is lying to you. Not only is the writing in itself hard but the rejections and the criticism can be soul destroying. What I would suggest is that you don't lose the love of writing in the desperation to get published. It's hard and sometimes I fail miserably, but at the end of the day your writing will be better if you keep hold of the passion for writing and let go of the game plan for domination of the publishing world.




Today is World AIDS Day and I'm encouraging people to create a new character who has been diagnosed with AIDS. They may not have a place in your current novel, but perhaps in your next one and it may help to raise awareness. Get to know your character. Find out their motivations, how they contracted the disease and how they cope with life after diagnosis. Go on!!! The world needs to be shaken and waken when it comes to AIDS and what better way to do it than to infiltrate the mind with a character they just can't resist.




x

1 comment:

  1. For me the hardest part about writing is finding the time to do it. I'm not a writer by trade - I work for a telecom company. I'm also a full time dad and husband. For me though, writing is a hobby. It's a release from the stress of the real world. When I put on my headphones and listen to music and immerse myself in one of my stories... Ah! That is pure bliss. Now if I could only win the lottery... I could write all day!

    ReplyDelete